Amazon Fire HD 8 (2018) tablet was launched in September 2018. The tablet comes with an 8.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280 pixels by 800 pixels at a PPI of 189 pixels per inch.
The Amazon Fire HD 8 (2018) is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and it comes with 1.5GB of RAM. The tablet packs 16GB/32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 400GB via a microSD card.
The Amazon Fire HD 8 (2018) packs a 2-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
There is a built-in battery that is touted to offer up to 10 hours of power on a single charge. It measures 128.00 x 214.00 x 9.70 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 363.00 grams. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi. Sensors on the tablet include Accelerometer.
The Amazon Fire HD 8 price in the US has been set at $79.99 for the 16GB storage variant, while its 32GB storage model can be purchased at $109.99. Both variants come in four color options, including Black, Marine Blue, Punch Red, and Canary Yellow.
Amazon Fire HD 8 (2018) full specifications
- Release date September 2018
- Form factor Touchscreen
- Dimensions (mm) 128.00 x 214.00 x 9.70
- Weight (g) 363.00
- Colors Black, Marine Blue, Punch Red, and Canary Yellow
- Screen size (inches) 8.00
- Touchscreen Yes
- Resolution 1280×800 pixels
- Pixels per inch (PPI) 189
- Processor 1.3GHz quad-core
- RAM 1.5GB
- Internal storage 1.6GB
- Expandable storage Yes
- Expandable storage type microSD
- Expandable storage up to (GB) 400
- Rear camera 2-megapixel
- Front camera 2-megapixel
- Operating system Android 7.1.2
- Skin Fire OS
- Wi-Fi Yes
- Accelerometer Yes