If you want to root your device or want to install a custom recovery, ROMs, Kernel & MODs then you have to unlock the bootloader of the android device first. After Unlocking the bootloader, you can Flash modified system, boot, kernel, custom recovery(TWRP/CWM) or other .img files on your device.
Unlocking Bootloader is now a very simple process. You can do this by just issuing some fastboot commands. The process is same for most of the devices but there are Companies like Sony, Motorola, Huawei and other OEMs officially allow users to unlock the bootloader on their devices. You have to first get a unlock password from the manufacturer Website, then you can easily unlock the bootloader by issuing a few ADB & Fastboot command
Note: Unlocking bootloader will completely wipe your device’s data(Everything like music, photos, videos & apps).So we highly recommend taking backup of your important data. So take a backup of your apps and data.Guide How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Android Device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
IMPORTANT & PRE-REQUIREMENTS
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin started this process
- Install USB Drivers on your computer. (USB Drivers)
- Enable developer option and USB debugging. Guide How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. (For Windows) It will create a ADB & fastboot folder
- How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux (For mac)
→ Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
Step By Step Guide
→ First read the Pre-Requirement section carefully.
- Connect your android to your PC with USB cable
- Now go to ADB & fastboot folder and Open the command window there(Right click on the empty space inside the folder then select “Open command window here” or “Open PowerShell Window Here” option to launch a command window
- Now reboot into the bootloader by issuing the following commands. (Make sure your device is detected by your PC)
adb reboot bootloader
- Now Check fastboot connectivity by giving the command below.If your device is connected properly then it should return device code.
- Once in the bootloader, issue the following fastboot command to unlock the bootloader. (This will unlock your phone and wipe all data of your device)
fastboot oem unlock
- Done!!! Reboot the phone and boot into your unlocked device. Use command:
- To check the bootloader status, issue the command given below. It should return “True”on unlock status.