Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone was launched in March 2017. The phone comes with a 5.80-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels at a PPI of 570 pixels per inch.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is powered by 1.9GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. The Samsung Galaxy S8 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 runs Android 7.0 and is powered by a 3000mAh non removable battery. It measures 148.90 x 68.10 x 8.00 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 155.00 grams.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a single SIM (GSM) smartphone. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, 3G and 4G. Sensors on the phone include Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Dolby Atmos has been entirely around on the TV, Studios and entertainment systems, but now, it’s available on Android smartphones. With this guide, you can easily install Dolby Atmos on Galaxy S8 to enhance your sound system. The installation process is mainly playing with TWRP Recovery. We will be flashing Sound Alive via TWRP on Galaxy S8 to enable Dolby Atmos. Sound Alive is available by default on Galaxy S9, but need to install in S8 to get Dolby Atmos.
What you need on Samsung galaxy s8 before the process
- Your Galaxy S8 must have a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed. Without TWRP, you can’t flash Sound Alive ZIP file that has been ported from Galaxy S9.
- Rooting: Dolby Atmos need root access. So, your Galaxy S8 must be rooted. Otherwise, this mod won’t support.
Download Dolby Atmos MODs for Galaxy S8
Download the following ZIP files for Galaxy S8. These will let you enable Dolby Atmos on your device. You need to flash both Sound Alive ZIP and Dolby Install ZIP to activate Dolby Atmos.
How to Install Dolby Atmos on Galaxy S8
- Download Dolby Installer and Sound Alive for Galaxy S8 (Cruiser) on your computer.
- Now, connect the device to your PC using USB Cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the internal storage of your phone.
- Press and Hold [Bixby, Volume up and Power buttons] button together to enter into the recovery mode!
- Once you are in the TWRP recovery mode, tap on “Install” button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you have copied in Step 4.
- Confirm the installation by swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on the next screen.
- Now, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button to clean the ROM and stay away from any boot loop issues.
- Hit on “Reboot System” button!