Samsung Galaxy Smartphones are indeed a well-carved brand of Smartphone which anybody would fall for after using it even once. It’s well-built cover with a high-resolution screen and extraordinary features have really flocked a lot of customers to try out the model in the recent years in great numbers. Now once you get hold of this marvelous Smartphone set, you would surely want to use it to your fullest, to your heart’s content by taking pictures, playing videos, music, watching movies, playing high-resolution games, etc. So in a way you turn your turn your entire your device into a gigantic hub of data and information.
Now just imagine, you are about to sell out your device to someone else, after using it for a while or a year. Each and every data that you have collected so far in your device are solely personal to you which you would surely not wish to share with others. Right? Thus it is very much recommended by mobile experts to clean or wipe your device completely before you avail it for sale.
So the article below here would basically discuss various effective methods to help you clean your device of confidential data and unnecessary caches which in turn will keep your privacy safe even after the device goes to someone else’s domain.
Continue reading to know the methods in details as you work your way down through the article.
Method #1: Wipe Messages on Samsung using Factory Reset
Factory reset is one of the easiest and quickest approaches to wipe out all messages off your device. But you must choose this method only when you are in a hurry and are willing to take risk of deleting literally everything off your device. Read carefully the method steps outlined below:
- Step 1. Firstly turn on your device, tap on the “Home” button and go to “Settings”.
- Step 2. You will see the “Personal” section, under which tap on “Backup & Reset” option. Provide your PIN number or password if asked, otherwise, continue.
- Step 3. After this much, tap on “Factory Reset” option.
- Step 4. Now you will be shown a full display of all the contents of your device on the screen. So simply tap on “Reset Phone” button below the screen.
- Step 5. Choose “Delete Everything” by tapping the option.
- It is a time-consuming method.
- It is not at all recommendable if you are not willing to lose your contact details.
- The lost messages can be recovered using data recovery tools, so the risk of privacy annihilation still persists.
Method #2: Wipe Messages using Safewiper for Android
SafeWiper for Android is the one of the finest and most efficient data-erasing utility lately available on the Internet market for satisfactory data erasing results. Here in this section, we would use it to delete messages from Samsung Smartphones. The deleted messages cannot be recovered by any method by anyone, whether a mobile expert or a hacker using even the most powerful recovery tool available in the market. The personal information is removed from your internal storage as well as from your SD card. The program, fortunately, works with most Android devices, like Samsung, Sony, LG, Motorola, etc.
The program usually works in 3 functional modes to erase data – Erase All Data; Erase Private Data; Erase App Data.
Here we would discuss only the “Erase All Data” as we are intending to clean the device completely instead by erasing figments of the information stored in the device.
Go through the steps served below to know the method in detail:
- Step 1. On your Windows computer, download the program first from here, and install it with all terms and conditions.
- Step 2. Now set up the connection between your Samsung and the computer via USB cable and register the program.
- Step 3. Now go to the following location: Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Step 4. Now, select the “Erase All Data” option form the 3 modes available.
- Step 5. Click on “Erase Now” button to start the deletion process.
- Step 6. Change the security level by clicking on settings, depending upon the level of security you want to render while erasing these messages off your device. It is better to choose the “Middle” level.
- Step 7.Once you have done this, it will take few moments to finish the deletion process. Do not disconnect the device from the computer while the process continues. After the deletion, the device will be restarted and your phone will be as new as ever.
Method #3: Wipeout Messages from Samsung via Secure Delete
Secure Delete is a free app available on the Google Play Store which we would use here to fulfill our purpose of deleting everything off your Samsung device. Simply follow the step instruction laid out below to actuate the method:
- Step 1. Firstly download Secure Delete from the Google Play Store. It is compatible with Android 2.3 and higher versions. Install it properly after the download is completed.
- Step 2. Now tap on the Secure Delete icon from the menu and you will get to see a list of folders which are usually found in your phone’s memory.
- Step 3. Select the type of your file you wish to delete from 4 shortcut options- photos, download, apps, and SD card.
- Step 4. After entering the shortcut option, select the checkboxes of the files you want to delete and tap on “Secure Delete” button below the screen.
- Step 5. Tap on “Yes” to confirm the deletion.
And that’s it!
- The method takes a lot of time to select each and every file which in turn makes it time-consuming.
- The deleted messages can be recovered by any expert hackers.
As you must have concluded by now after reading through the article thoroughly that the first two methods have got certain setbacks which you cannot overcome easily, thus the third method alone is the best method to rely on. The Safewiper has got many positive feedbacks which thus make it the first priority for all mobile experts and you too should make it your first priority if you need a guaranteed result.
visit the official site to gather more knowledge about the safewiper,