Asus gaming brand Republic of Gamers (ROG) on Monday unveiled the ROG Phone. Asus ROG Phone mobile was launched in June 2018. The phone comes with a 6.00-inch touchscreen display AMOLED display with HDR visuals, a 90Hz refresh rate, and a 1ms response time with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels with 402.5 pixels per inch.
Asus’ first ROG gaming smartphone is touted to be the world’s first smartphone with a 3D vapor-chamber cooling system. Additionally, the ROG Phone features ultrasonic AirTrigger touch sensors, a gamer-centric design with side-mounted ports optimized for landscape-mode.
The Asus ROG Phone is powered by 2.96GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 8GB of RAM along with a gaming-optimized Qualcomm Adreno 630 GPU. The phone packs 512GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. The Asus ROG Phone packs a 12-megapixel + 8-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Asus ROG Phone is powered by a 4000mAh that promises 7 hours of Wi-Fi gameplay. The company claims that the battery is capable of getting to 60 percent of charge in 33 minutes. It measures 158.80 x 76.20 x 8.60 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 200.00 grams.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, AGPS, Glonass, USB Type-C port, NFC, and 3.5mm jack. Sensors onboard are an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and ultrasonic AirTrigger sensors.
The Asus ROG Phone sports the GameCool vapor-chamber cooling system, with detachable AeroActive Cooler for extra cooling. The ROG Phone includes side-mounted ports and two programmable ultrasonic AirTriggers and advanced force-feedback haptics. It comes with the optional TwinView Dock for the dual-screen handheld mode. It has a Mobile Desktop Dock for desktop-style gaming and a Gamevice controller with WiGig Dock using 60GHz Wi-Fi for big-screen gaming. Other ROG Phone features include Asus Aura RGB lighting and Aura Sync support and ASUS HyperCharge direct-charge technology.
Asus ROG Phone Specifications
- Processor Exclusive 2.96GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- GPU Qualcomm Adreno 630
- Display 6.0“ 18:9 (2160×1080) AMOLED
90Hz refresh rate with 1ms pixel response time
108.6% DCI-P3 color gamut and 10000:1 contrast ratio
10-point multi-touch (supports Glove Touch)
- Discrete image processing chip supports HDR
- Memory LPDDR4X 8GB RAM
- Storage UFS 2.1, 128GB / 512GB
- Sensors Accelerometer, e-compass, proximity sensor, Hall sensor, ambient-light sensor, fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, 2 x ultrasonic AirTriggers
- Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad 2×2 MIMO
- Wi-Fi Direct and WiGig 802.11ad wireless display support
- Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC
- GPS Supports GPS, aGPS, Glonass, BeiDou
- Side I/O Custom USB-C supports USB 3.1 Gen 1, DP 1.4, fast charging (15W)
- ASUS HyperCharge direct charging
- Bottom I/O USB-C supports USB 2.0, fast charging (20W), Direct Charge
3.5mm headphone jack
- Cameras Main: 12MP + 8MP (120° wide-angle)
- Front: 8MP
- Audio Dual front-facing stereo speakers with smart amplifier
24-bit/192KHz Hi-Res Audio
- DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround-sound
- Qualcomm aptX High-definition Bluetooth® wireless audio
- Battery 4,000mAh
- Dimensions 158.8 x 76.2 x 8.6mm
- Weight 200g