The Asus ZenPad 3S 10 is a $299 – $300 tablet with a great screen and beefy speakers in a slim body, which makes it a perfect choice for watching movies and reading books online. It’s the only flaw being the poor battery life.
In terms of design, the ZenPad 3S 10 is slim and light and is the same size as the Apple iPad Air 2 at 9.47 x 6.44 x 0.28 inches (HWD) and 15.2 ounces. Its powerful dual speakers are located at the bottom, along with a USB-C port; they blast out sound louder than both the ZenPad Z10 and the Samsung Galaxy S2. The Power buttons and Volume rocker are on the right side, while the micro SD card slot which can be expanded to 256GB is at the left. The home button act as a fingerprint sensor.
The ZenPad 3S 10 isn’t exactly durable though, unlike many other super slim tablets, there is no protective rim around the glass on the screen, making it prone to cracks. The tablet also isn’t waterproof. It’s 2,048 x 1,536 screen is bright with very good viewing angles, the screen is very reflective when used outdoors or under direct sunlight but is color rich and noticeably sharper than similar low-cost tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
The ZenPad 3S 10 is powered by a MediaTek processor and runs at 2.1GHz with 4GB of RAM. Together, they offer thorough mid-range performance, way similar to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 in the ZenPad Z10 for Verizon. The most advanced OpenGL 3.1 gaming benchmarks fail, but most games and multimedia software chug along, but the 4GB of RAM aids in multitasking.
The ZenPad 3S 10 runs on android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with its ZenUI skin and will be upgradeable to Android 7.0 Nougat. There is no dual-window multitasking but ZenUI actually adds a lot of useful features and settings to it, like a blue light filter for night use, a restricted mode for kids and a decent looking system cleaner.
The ZenPad 3S 10 supports only Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2 and Qualcomm Miracast video streaming protocol. And will work with Chromecast devices to stream video to TVs.
It’s packed with a 5,900mah battery to make sure you never run out of juice, it supports quick charging with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (except that the device doesn’t come with a Quick charge 3.0 adapter).
Device Specification of ASUS ZenPad 3S 10
- Dimensions: 240.5 x 163.7 x 7.2mm (9.47 x 6.44 x 0.28 in)
- Weight: 430g
- Sim: NA
- Network: WIFI only
- Display: 1536 X 2048 IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors (-264 ppi)
- Screen: 9.7″ (-74.0% screen to body ratio) 10 fingers multitouch with Oleophobic coating
- OS: Andriod 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradeable to 7.0 (Nougat)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT8176
- CPU: Hexa-core (2 x 2.1GHz & 4 x 1.7GHz)
- Memory: 4GB RAM 32/64GB ROM, microSD expandable up to 256GB
- Camera: 8MP, 5MP (1080p@30fps) Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, Panorama
- Sound: Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker with stereo speakers, 3.5mm jack
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WIFI Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE, EDR, apX
- GPS: Yes; GLONASS
- USB: 2.0, Type C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (Front faced), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: Email, Push Mail, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Java: NA
- Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Google Drive (100GB Cloud storage
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- MP4/H.264 player
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor
- Nonremovable Li-Pro 5900mah battery (22Wh)
- Talk time: Up to 10hr (multimedia)
- Colors: Grey