Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 was released in December 2015 with Android Lollipop and it was updated to Marshmallow update in 2016. The smartphone users have waited for the update to Android Nougat. Samsung has been known to update their old devices, so Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 will be an exception. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.
The Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 is powered by 1.6GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a micro SD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 runs Android 5.1 and later updated to Android 6.0 and is powered by a 3300mAh non-removable battery. It measures 151.50 x 74.10 x 7.30 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 172.00 grams.
The Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 is a single SIM smartphone that accepts a Regular-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, 3G and 4G. Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
You can flash stock Nougat firmware Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710F, if you have not gotten you update via OTA. Other users have received the latest Android 7.0 update for a while now .Using the tutorial below, you can update Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710F and start enjoying the latest features like Faster performance, Improved battery life with the all new power saving modes, A higher degree of home screen customization, Revamped UI and Quick Settings and notification panel, New Doze mode for better management of running in the background and many others.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 (SM-A710F) To Android Nougat
Download Nougat Firmware for Galaxy A7 2016 (SM-A710F)
- Device: Samsung Galaxy A7 2016
- Model: SM-A710F
- Software version: Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Security Patch Level: 2017-08-10
- PDA: A710FXXU2CQDC
- CSC: A710FOXY2CQDC
Firmware for different countries
Note: More firmware will be added when available.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710F to Android Nougat
After downloading the firmware, follow the steps given below to install it on your Galaxy A7 2016. Before you start updating your smartphone make sure you fully charge your device to most
- Download Odin3_v3.12.5 form here and unzip the downloaded file on your desktop.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- Go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Don’t forget to back up the call-log, messages, installed apps, pictures, videos or any data stored on your phone’s internal storage as a precaution.
- Now, you need to extract the firmware zip file to get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now turn off your Galaxy A7 and boot it into the Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds. Release the keys as soon as you see a blue screen with exclamation sign and press the Volume Up key.
- When your Galaxy A7 boots into the Download mode, open the Odin folder double-click the .exe file to launch it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your phone.9
- When your device is detected by Odin, the ID:COM port will be highlighted (see below).
- Then click the AP button and add the firmware file to it. Since the firmware file is huge in size, it might take some time for it to be added in Odin.
- Having added all files, make sure your Odin’s screen looks like as shown below.
- Finally, click the Start button to start the installation and wait until the installation completes.13
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable. Since the first boot takes about 5-8 minutes, you need to wait patiently
The installation will take a few minutes to set up, after which your device will be fully installed and you will come to the setup screen and after that, you can now enjoy the full feature of the Android nougat.