Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablets got updates from both Verizon and T-Mobile, bringing the OS version to Android 7.0 Nougat. Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablet was launched in June 2015. The tablet comes with a 9.60-inch and 8.00-inch display with a resolution of 800 pixels by 1280 pixels.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab E is powered by 1.3GHz quad-core processor and it comes with 1.5GB of RAM. The tablet packs 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a micro SD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy Tab E packs a 5-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab E runs Android and is powered by a 5000mAh non-removable battery. It measures 241.90 x 149.50 x 8.50 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 490.00 grams. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Sensors on the phone include a Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Verizon has rolled out Firmware for both the Galaxy Tab E 8.0 (Software Version: NMF26X.T377VVRU1CQH9) and the Tab E 9.6 (Software Version: NMF26X.T567VVRU1CQHD). Other than the obvious new Android version, the update brings the refreshed Samsung UX, improved battery management options, and easier multi-tasking, Verizon says. The Android security patch is the August 1 one.
T-Mobile also issued a new firmware for the Tab E 8.0 (Baseband version: T377TUVU1BQI5), the update to Android 7.0 (Nougat)
Google security improvements have some follow-up you need before you can get this recent one. you need both Jan 2017 and June OS and Security updates before you can get this one. The file size is 1131.52 MB
Software Update Instructions
Update automatically over the air (OTA)
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About device.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap OK to start the device check for updates.
- Tap OK to begin the update.
Update from a computer
To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow these steps:
Follow the device requirements above, along with the following:
- Use a Samsung USB cable.
- Back up your data before completing the update.
During the update, do not:
- Use the device or press any keys.
- Remove the battery, if applicable.
- Turn off the device.
- Disconnect the USB cable until the update is complete.
You will not be able to place a call during the update, not even an emergency call.
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch that is compatible with your computer from http://www.samsung.com/us/support/smart-switch-support/#!/
- Connect the cable to a compatible USB port on your computer.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your mobile device.
- Allow your computer to install any required drivers for your device. This process may take a few minutes.
- Open Smart Switch on your computer, and allow it to make the connection.
- If a software update is available for your device, Smart Switch will automatically prompt you to update. At any time, you can click Update.
- Click Update to begin downloading the necessary files.
- Click OK to go ahead. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. Once complete the device will return to the Home screen.
NOTE: The above instructions will work for Verizon and T-mobile Users