In addition to the new OS, the update also includes several other changes, including camera and data speed related improvements, fix related to Android Data usage meter, and support for micro SD card up to 256GB capacity.
Enhancements in the update include:
- Multi-window mode: Use two apps at the same time. Drag the divider to resize the app windows, or to maximize either of the active apps.
- Quicker multitasking: You can now double-tap the recent apps button to quickly switch between your two most recently used apps.
- Data saver: You can now enable Data Saver to limit apps from using data when not in use.
- Notification prioritization: You can choose to show notifications silently, block all notifications or don’t silence or block.
- Customizable Quick Settings: You can edit the order of this list to make sure that only the most important shortcuts are listed.
The change log also mentions latest Android security fixes as well as usual bug fixes.
Before you download:
Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection. Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update.
Verizon Ellipsis 8 HD is constituted by a Snapdragon 617 chipset, comprised of an octa-core ARM Cortex A53 64-bit CPU clocked at up to 1.5GHz, and the Adreno 405 GPU. The tablet includes an 8-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal flash storage, which can be extended by a microSD card. The device is equipped with 5,100mAh batteries, which translates to about 14.5 hours of continued use or up to 14 days in standby mode. The tablet also sports an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel selfie shooter.