Last year, Meizu launched the Pro 5 with killer specs and not upto a year later, they released its successor Meizu Pro 6 with even more killer specs and a smaller screen.
The display is a 5.2 inch Super AMOLED with 1080p resolution. The “killer feature” of the new screen is 3D Press, Meizu’s alternative to 3D Touch. In fact, it seems that Apple was the motivation behind going smaller – the iPhone SE did it. Curved Gorilla Glass 3 protects the screen.
The Meizu PRO 5 is powered by MediaTek Helio X25 chipset – the 10-core processor and Mali-T880 GPU have been overclocked from the X20. You get 4GB of RAM too instead of the rumoured 6GB
The company positioned the camera as the big draw. It has an interesting 10-LED dual-tone flash arranged in a circle (but this is not a ring flash, mind you). The sensor has 21.1MP resolution and measures 1/2.4″. The camera also boasts Laser and phase-detection AF.
Flash aside, the camera is essentially a match for what the PRO 5 packed. And the battery seems quite small at 2,560mAh, but at least it charges fast with the 24W mCharge 3.0.
Here are the Full specs for HTC 10:
- Display : 5.2-inch, FullHD (1080 x 1920 pixels), Super AMOLED with 3D Touch
- CPU : MediaTek Helio X25
- Platform : Android 6.0 with Flyme 5
- Memory : 4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB
- Rear Camera : 21MP with ƒ/2.2 aperture, 6-element lens, Continuous shooting Panorama, PDAF phase focusing, Laser-aided focusing, Circular two-tone flash
- Front Camera : 5MP with ƒ/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens, FotoNation 2.0 smart beauty, Face AE face light boost
- Sound : mSound with third generation of NXP Smart PA system
- Connection : USB Type-C 3.1
- SIM card : Dual Sim
- Connectivity : NFC, BT 4.2, Wi-Fi@: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- Sensors : Fingerprint Sensor, Hall magnetic sensor, Gravity sensor, IR proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor, Touch sensor, Digital compass, Barometer
- Battery : 2,560mAh with 24W mCharge 3.0.
The Meizu PRO 6 will be available on April 23 for CNY 2,500 ($385/€340) for the 32GB option and CNY 2,800 ($430/€380) for the 64GB option. Meizu may be looking at a tough sell as both the MX5 and PRO 5 have very similar features. That said the PRO 5 is actually more expensive than the PRO 6.