HTC announced their latest flagship today on their website this afternoon which according to them was inspired by light and sculpted to perfection. The new flagship phone comes with an all metal unibody with dual-textured finish.
HTC’s press release, leaked to us ahead of the official announcement, uses nonsense marketing-speak like “inspired by light and sculpted to perfection” when describing the new design. But in short, you can expect a full glass front that merges with the metal body.
It has a 5.2-inch QHD screen that is 50% more responsive than its predecessor. Obviously HTC 10 isn’t just an incremental update to the M9. HTC brought back the Ultra-pixel camera to the HTC 10 but they made some necessary upgrade to it like bumping it to 12 Megapixels and adding dual OIS (both front and back) which hasn’t been used by any OEM before in the history of smartphone making.
HTC also made some improvements in the audio department by adding another world’s first stereo 24-bit Hi-Res audio recording with the ability of capturing 256 time more details than the standard smartphone recording. There is also a headphone amp that promises to deliver twice the power of conventional amps. What is most interesting is the BoomSound Hi-Fi speakers feature a separated tweeter and woofer design, and a dedicated amplifier for each. I think this makes the HTC 10 very interesting to Audiophiles and music lovers alike.
Here are the Full specs for HTC 10:
- Display : 5.2-inch, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels), super LCD 5 with curved edge Gorilla Glass
- CPU : Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Platform : Android 6.0 with HTC Sense
- Memory : 4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB storage expandable up to 2TB via microSD
- Rear Camera : 12MP (HTC UltraPixel 2), laser autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture, Pro mode, Auto-HDR, Zoe Capture, hyperlapse, 12X Slow motion mode, 4K video recording with Hi-Res Audio
- Front Camera : 5MP (1.34MICROm pixels), autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture with ultra wide-angle lens, Live Makeup, Auto-HDR
- Sound : HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition, Dolby Audio, Personal Audio Profile, Hi-Res Audio Certified, Hi-Res Audio Earphones, Three microphones with noise cancellation, Hi-Res Audio Stereo Recording
- Connection : USB Type-C
- SIM card : Nano SIM
- Connectivity : NFC, BT 4.2, Wi-Fi@: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- Sensors : Fingerprint Sensor, Sensor Hub
- Battery : 3,000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 support..
The HTC 10 will ship in four colors: Carbon Grey, Glacier Silver, Topaz Gold, and Camellia Red,